The app says x degrees is hot/cold, but for me it isn’t! What to do now?
The app allows to adjust your temperature preference. Open settings and look for the “Temperature preference adjustment” slider.
If you are hot-lover (and for example 30°C or 86°F is not boiling-hot, but quite-warm-but-still-comfortable for you), move the slider to the right.
Otherwise, if you prefer cool temperatures (and for example 22°C or 72°F is quite hot for you), move the slider to the left.
In either case I recommend moving the slider only by a few units initially (±5 units should do the trick in most cases, 7 is usually more than enough). Always check if the temperature texts match your preference when you change the setting.
The number of units is neither Celsius nor Fahrenheit. The way it is connected with any temperature scale is too complex to explain; just follow the instructions above and you should be happy 🙂
How can I change the voice? The default one sounds crappy!
The app doesn’t have its own built-in speech synthesis engine (a.k.a. text-to-speech engine, or TTS). Instead, it relies on the TTS installed on your device, which you can always change. Check out the Google Play store for other voices (don’t forget to set the voice as default in your device’s settings after installing it).
The phrases repeat frequently/get old quickly!
There are three possible solutions for this problem:
- Add phrases submitted by other users. Some are really creative.
- Make your own phrases. The app allows to add both your and other people’s texts easily.
- Wait for the next major update (that is every update that contains more than only bug fixes). Each comes with a bunch of new phrases.
I don’t like the xyz phrase! How can I hide it?
- Open the “Phrase customization” screen from the left-slide menu (so called navigation drawer).
- Click on the filtering icon (three descending horizontal bars) and set the filtering to built-in phrases.
- Search for the phrase you want to hide. You can do it manually or use the search option.
- Click on the eye icon on the left side of phrase you want to hide. Or click on the pencil icon to change it.
I added a custom location, but the weather is completely off! Is it possible the location I added was not the right one?
Not only is it possible, but it’s highly likely. Sometimes there’s more than one place with the same name. For example, if you type “Washington” the app doesn’t know whether you mean the capital of the US, Washington in Pennsylvania, or one of 30+ other cities and communities with that name. You should use unambiguous queries, such as “Washington, D.C.” (or by a zip code – “Washington, 20001”), so that the app has no doubt which exact location you mean.
After you add a custom location, it’s good to check if the app recognized it properly. Either open the weather map screen (radar icon on the top toolbar) or click on the “City” card (that’s the first one) to expand it and then tap on the coordinates column, which will open Google Maps (or other maps app you have). If the map is centered on the location you’d like to have the forecast for, you’re set up. Otherwise, try again with a different location name.
What benefits does a premium subscription\unlock give?
- Disables ads and the location-tracking monetization module — making the app run faster and consume less battery;
- Allows changing refresh frequency for widgets and persistent notification;
- Allows downloading the latest forecasts more frequently (for non-premium users the app imposes default limit of 1 download per place per 1 hour (2 hours for maps), whereas for premium users this limit is decreased to 20 minutes;
- Faster technical support (provided that you use the in app contact option from the About screen);
How can I cancel my subscription?
Do you really want to do this to me? It’s a shame 🙁
Remember that you won’t receive any refund for the payments which have already been made, but you won’t be charged anymore. After canceling, you still have access to premium features until the current billing period ends.
If you still have any problems with your subscription, please contact me using the in-app contact option.
How are the subscriptions billed?
The subscriptions are billed according to their billing period (semiyearly or yearly). The price of a subscription is for its entire billing period. Each subscription has a free trial period (its length depends on billing period), during which you can (and should 🙂 ) test if the subscription suits your needs (I’m pretty sure it does!). The first payment occurs after the trial period ends.